Who Was Thomas Alva Edison?
Thomas Alva Edison, inventor and self-taught. His greatest inventions contributed to make life easier for us.
Currently, some of his creations are still in force and are a fundamental part of our day to day life.
But this character contains many legends and myths, one of the main ones that sounds stronger is that he was of Mexican nationality.
These facts have speculated too much about his birth, but the truth is that no one has yet been able to demonstrate a birth certificate that relates him to a Mexican relative.
Some authors have even stripped in fanciful publications that it comes from a lineage of Aztec kings.
But none of this is yet proven, so it cannot be confirmed that Edison came from Mexican families.
Stories of your place of birth
One of the most heard stories on the internet is that Thomas Alva Edison was born in the town of Sombrerete, municipality of the same name, State of Zacatecas Mexico, on February 18, 1848 – and not in Milan, Ohio, USA – on February 11 Of 1847, as generally stated.
His father was named Samuel Alva Ixtlixóchitl (Aztec surname). At that time there were three families with the surname Alva; The Alva-Edison (the inventor), the Alva-Arias and the Alva-Santini.
In Sombrerete for Mexican pride, they placed a metal plaque, with bronze letters, located on Hidalgo Street 19 next to one of the temples of the town and whose editorial says: “In this house was born TOMAS ALVA EDISON on February 18 Of 1848 “.
A teacher from that town of Sombrerete called “Jose Guadalupe Ponce” mentioned in his classes “In this room he received Edison classes”, which then was only known by Tomás Alva.
You may be interested |Homo sapiens Origin?
It is mentioned that the father was a mining engineer, coming from Pachuca and not only Alva, but Alva Ixtlixóchitl.
Part of this theory is that Alva Edison only for convenience and for naturalization was passed as an American, who left the country to the north when he was about to turn 20.
Research by Thomas Alva
According to some compilations, American investigators came to the village to look for some indication that Alva Edison was actually born in Mexico, they came to the father of the village church requesting to see all the birth books of that time.
But at the end of two days of searches they gave up mentioning that there was no relationship whatsoever.
For some time the legend was stuck, until recently a group of Mexican researchers decided to revisit the birth books of that time, discovering that the sheets of the books had been torn according to the alphabetical order of the Edison family.
It is not known if the previous researchers had ripped off the leaves. The truth is that to date there is still nothing concrete about his nationality.
Other Strange Curiosities by Thomas Alva Edison
- The light of Thomas Alva Édison arrives in Mexico in 1889, it is mentioned that by the friendship that had with the grandfathers of Francisco. I. Madero was that I installed the electric light in Parras de la Fuente, the first place in Latin America that had this kind of energy.
- In 1859 he got a job as a newspaper salesman at the Grand Train Railroad.
- In 1912 he invented the electric car with two 15-volt batteries and a 30-volt electric motor, reached speed of 25 miles per hour.
- He never finished his studies and nevertheless worked with several scientists.
- In 1920 he mentioned that he was working on a device to talk to the dead and, to date, there is no report that he has succeeded.
- He liked to burn elephants in public and circuses to prove that Nicholas Tesla’s alternating current was deadly.
- He perfected the electric chair with AC technology, which caused Frankenstein a bad name for killing humans with electricity.
- He was always jealous of the work of Nicolas Tesla scientist.
- He only slept a couple of hours, to get it, he took a substance that combined wine with sleeping pills.