The Earth Rotate
The spinning movement about itself that the Earth makes is given the term “rotation”. It’s a movement carried out along the Earth’s axis, from West to East – that is to say, in a counterclockwise direction – and whose duration is 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds.
The angular speed that our planet revolves at translates to a linear speed of 1,666 kilometers per hour at the Equator.
However, we can’t feel that dizzying speed because we become part of the same system. In other words, we are moving just like the planet.
And since the rotation speed is constant, there is no acceleration or deceleration that gives us a sensation of movement, in the same way that we don’t perceive movement when we travel in any vehicle at a constant speed without jolting.
The Earth’s core, fundamentally made up of iron, rotates somewhat faster than the mantle and the Earth’s crust. And in this phenomenon, known as “super rotation”, is the explanation of why the Earth can generate a magnetic field.
- Earth don’t last 24 hours to rotate, otherwise it last 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds.
- In the planet fall down arount 20 to 40 tonne of matterial, enough to fill a 6 levels building.
- Eath rotate everyday, but also it moves around the soul 107,286 km/h.
- Speed rotation Earth reduce 17 miliseconds every 100 years, so 140 millions years later day will last 25 hours.
- 70% of earth surface is covered with water. 97% is salad water and just 3% is fresh water.
- Between 100 and 300 tonnes of cosmic dust fall over the earth daily.